Thursday, January 15, 2009

I feel Welcomed...

So, by now we should all be here. I'm curious to hear what all my other group bloggers have to say but as for me, I am enjoying my new home. Is it hot? Yes. But I'll take my flip-flops instead of ice storms and winter hat. At least for now...

We had our first mandatory session this evening regarding Humanism in Medicine and I thought it was a nice way to set the tone. If you are interested here is the link http://www.humanism-in-medicine.org/intros/2nd_Place_Khera.pdf

So far I am happy and impressed. I got the single in married housing as I requested and my RA couldn't be nicer or more helpful. As are the upper classmen and pretty much everyone around campus. Having lived in NY the last 8 years of my life I had forgotten what it is like to be greeted walking down the street. It is nice.  Speaking of which, I have a gorgeous view of the campus from my window and of the Caribbean Sea as I walk down the hill to go to the Student Center or anywhere else. I'm feeling very happy to be here. The last two days have been packed with tours of the island and I've learned quite a bit of Grenadian history as well as had the opportunity to see the Capitol and the Concord Waterfall. Our Orientation leaders are locals that now attend SGU and they are the perfect resource for us. (For pictures of the aforementioned, see my blog:  http://notesfromspiceisland.blogspot.com/)

I've met some of my classmates (coming from Cali, Ohio, Texas, Jersey, NY, Vermont, Rhode Island, Russia and England-just to name a few) and am beginning to recognize faces when I walk around campus, it is a wonderful feeling... like I belong here.

No comments:

Post a Comment