Monday, March 23, 2009

In case you were wondering...

I study at Mocho Jumby (and if you didn't know this you haven't been reading my blog.)

I'm a night person and so having class in the afternoon is kind of nice. No need to get up too early (except on anatomy lab day).  On the other hand, afternoon classes mean you have a lot to do between the hours of 5pm (when classes end) and whenever you go to bed. Usually around midnight for me. I try to study in the morning but it is often in vain.

I love being on a beautiful island and I never get tired of looking at the water. I plan to go to Carriacou over Easter Weekend and am looking forward to that. Exploring is good.

I did go to Sandblast and it was a party on the beach. I never did the traditional Spring Break thing in college but I imagine it would have looked a little bit like Sandblast. Except we are older and wiser now. Not sure I'll need to do Sandblast every term, but I'm glad I went once. Also, I am the slip n' slide champion. I do have a few bruises but I ALWAYS made it to the end of the slide. 

I miss people the most, my friends and my husband. I also miss my bed. And snow. Its great being on tropical island. But it would be nice to ski. Or simply see white covering the trees. Drinking hot cocoa and reading a good book is not quite the same when its 80 degrees outside. 

This summer, I plan to see my family, go to a friends wedding, take a vacation without books and then go back to my old job and do research. 

I am SO happy to be halfway done. Time is flying by. I am also grateful that I started in the January term. I think it will be a really nice break to be home for an entire summer before having to come back for Term 2. 

The jury is still out on whether I'll stay on campus or not. It depends mainly on the housing lottery and also on how thrifty I decide I want to me. Living off may be cheaper but what is the convenience worth?

Your turn...

No comments:

Post a Comment