Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wow, is it really almost over???

I am really fortunate... I have two lovely room-mates that I adore and each of us study in different locations, so it is easy to maintain our friendliness. I study in my room because I am a total people watcher and am easily distracted! I also talk outloud to myself when studying which just would not go over well in Taylor Hall or the Library. I like to get up every few minutes and stretch, get a diet coke and get back at it. I tend to be a night person, which really makes those early morning labs a really sucky thing.
The best thing about Grenada that I have discovered so far is how friendly the locals are! This caught me off guard at first because people tend to be closed off where I am from. The weekend after midterms I went and ate Sushi and drank Saki, ran into the ocean for the first time, grabbed a bus to whereever it would take me and hung out and drank juice with the locals, gave myself a tour of Fort George, made a ton of Grenadian friends and in general, started to really like Grenada.
I miss the small things about home - a warm bathtub to crawl into, dry bedding and towels (nothing ever dries out here), driving a car (may have to rent a car or scooter 2nd term) and having enough living space (I had a three bedroom house all to myself - 1100 sq. ft.), now I have an 8X8 bedroom. Next term I hope to live off campus in a bigger place and a bit more independance.
My plan for the summer is to retrieve my sanity, do some job shadowing at the hospital and try to keep refreshing what I know about Anatomy, also I would like to have multi-day marathons watching House and Gray's. I will also substitute teach as many days as possible because it beats working at a restaurant for $10 an hour (about $160 CDN a day and I don't have to plan or mark anything).
Right now I most concerned about passing all my courses, so I don't have to repeat them next term and fall behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment