Monday, March 23, 2009

You Asked...

Where do you study?

I spend more time at Taylor than I do at home. Besides the fact that it is gloriously air-conditioned, it's also open 24/7 and is roughly a 3 minute walk from my apartment. Plus the wireless nearly always works which is more than I can say for the connection at my place.

Morning or night person?

If classes started at 10 a.m. I would be content. I like having morning classes now [even the occasional 8 a.m. one] because it frees up the rest of my day to study, nap, etc. Last term, waking up late was nice but I was never very productive with my mornings if I didn't have Anatomy or Histo lab. Plus I tend to get sleepy in the afternoons so staying awake in BChem lecture tended to be a chore- one that I nearly always failed at.

What's the best think about Grenada or what non-academic thing(s) have you done since January?

The weather, naturally. I grew up in New York and went to college in Philadelphia so I'm about as East Coast as you can get. I like not having to deal with black ice on the walk to school or wearing a million layers just to go out to the store. I do miss my exorbitant collection of hoodies though. About the only non-academic thing I've done since January has been to party. Aquarium, Karma, the Sandblast after party, and of course Bananas. I also did get to go to dinner at La Luna which is this awesome, albeit pricey Italian restaurant nestled in the mountains. Oh and yesterday, we built a small, somewhat illegal bonfire on the beach and made smores. I love post-midterms weekend!

What do you miss most from home?

A consistent supply of milk? NY Pizza and Bagels. Not having to pay an arm and a leg for everything. The lack of drama. And my amazingly fabulous friends.

What are your plans for the summer?

Get an observership at a hospital and mostly relax since it'll be my last break before the hell that is fourth term.

Any thoughts on being half way done with the term?

THANK GOD!

Next term, on campus or off?

Off-campus! My lease is for a year so I'm not going anywhere until December. Hurrah for not having to deal with all the stress that comes up with packing up and moving out of the dorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment